We want you to run games for Arc Dream Publishing. We host lots of games at Gen Con — they’ve recognized us as a Premiere Event Group for years. As a volunteer GM you can get a free GM badge from Gen Con, of course, and free gifts from the Arc Dream booth. We are happy to reward you for putting our games in front of players. Even your players get free swag from Arc Dream.
Deadlines and Policies
Gen Con 50 is right around the corner. If you’re planning to run Arc Dreams games, submit them ASAP. Early Event Submission ends on February 19, 2017. Events submitted by February 19 have the best chance at being placed, and also can receive more feedback from Gen Con’s Program Management team.
If you are new to running games at GenCon and want to give it a try, check out their helpful tips and hints page.
You must read their Event Host Policy as well, which is a comprehensive guide to running events/games.
Before Gen Con
Set up your events with Gen Con and send us the details.
- Set up an account with Gen Con.
- Register your events in Gen Con’s system.
- Send your event details to Simeon here at Arc Dream: date, time, title, short description, and game system.
Our events fill up very quickly, so you can count on lots of players having a great time. The more GMs we get, the better!
What to Run
We want GMs for any and all of our games and settings. They’re listed here in order of priority, highest priority first, to help put our newest work in front of people.
- HIGHEST PRIORITY:
- OTHER GAMES:
What to Do at GenCon
- BEFORE YOUR EVENT: Come to the Arc Dream Publishing booth in the exhibit hall. We’ll give you supplies and/or promotional materials to give players at your event, such as maps to the booth and coupons they can redeem there. If your game is scheduled before the Exhibit Hall opens, let us know ahead of time and we’ll give you the supplies as early as we can.
- AT THE BEGINNING OF EACH EVENT: Collect tickets from all players.
- AT THE END OF EACH EVENT: Give the promotional stuff to each player.
- AFTER EACH EVENT: Turn in all the tickets to Gen Con’s GM HQ. Don’t bring them to us! Just put the tickets from a game in the little envelope, fill out the data on the envelope, and give it to GM HQ.
- COME GET FREE STUFF: For each player in your event, you get $5 in “store credit” at the booth. The store credit must be used at the Arc Dream Publishing booth at Gen Con 50. Come to our booth and tell us you ran the game, how many players participated, and how it went. We’ll jot down the details and give you a coupon for your store credit. (We’re not asking for proof or to count tickets or whatever; our GMs have always been top-notch, so we trust you. If discrepancies turn up after the show, we’ll tighten things up next year.)
If you have questions for Arc Dream about running games, send an email to Simeon Cogswell and we’ll get you sorted out.